Reflection On Two Genres

This my reflection of the Two Genres.

This was the most creative and enjoyable assignment I have done in this semester. I wrote about Van Gogh and decided to make a poem and a brochure that would tailor to his work. The way I thought about the structure of my two pieces was to give my audience information to learn about Van Gogh but tell a story in a creative manner. I wrote the poem in the perspective as someone who was being doubted as he wanted to become an artists but his parents didn’t like it to communicate a struggle. I want the audience to feel the same feeling that young man had in the poem to understand what it is like to not being supported to do what you love. I chose to communicate this message because it is my experience and Van Gogh inspires me to pursue my art career. Despite being poor and unrecognized during his time, he still made an impact with his art and is the same thing I want to do with my art. To inform people, I made a brochure that briefly recaps the life of Van Gogh and some of his paintings but focused on The Starry Night. This is for people that are interested in coming to the museum have a refreshed and modern way of learning about Van Gogh from his own museum in his honor.